Skip to content
Back To Top
- Review of general current interventional techniques, therapies, and imaging techniques geared toward the general radiologist or radiologists who perform limited general IR procedures who also utilize cross sectional imaging to image patients following general interventional techniques. In the full day session, Didactic lectures will enable attendees to gain familiarity with a wide variety of interventional techniques such as embolization procedures in treating active bleeding in acute trauma, ultrasound guided intervention, gynecologic intervention, embolization of tumours, MSK intervention, aortic stent graft placement techniques.
- Review and optimize protocols, processing technique parameters, present diagnostic pearls and pitfalls for assessing neurological anatomy, function as they pertain to common cerebrovascular, spinal, sinonasal and tumour disease processes.
- Review and assess protocols, techniques and how to optimize protocol parameters with MR, MDCT, Ultrasound as it pertains to the musculoskeletal system and apply these principles to disease processes such as musculoskeletal tumours, infections, arthritis, internal joint derangement and sport related injuries.
- Review and apply current indications, protocols, imaging techniques such as magnetic resonance imaging, MDCT, Ultrasound, and present diagnostic pearls and pitfalls assisting in the evaluation of common pediatric diseases and processes.
- Review and evaluate current and new technological advances in thoracic and cardiac imaging and appropriate utilization of these imaging tools in assessing functional, anatomical information that is clinically relevant and being able to apply this knowledge effectively to daily clinical practice.
- Strategies will also be introduced to reduce radiation dose for cardiac assessment without compromising image quality.
- Review and apply current indications, protocols, imaging techniques such as magnetic resonance imaging, MDCT, Ultrasound, and present diagnostic pearls and pitfalls assisting in the evaluation of common abdominal disease processes.
- Review and assess current literature and how to optimize MDCT protocols and other imaging modalities to correctly manage emergency and trauma patients to ensure that the appropriate studies are performed in the correct order to minimize morbidity and mortality in the acute setting. Review imaging findings in emergency/ trauma conditions including patterns of cervical spinal injury, blunt vascular neck injury, pancreatic/ duodenal trauma, acute chest pain, blunt abdominal trauma.